On this weeks podcast, the CS&I team start out with a change in direction with a focus on our podcast and podcast listeners offering us a chance to have more in depth discussions and reflections on this and future podcasts.
It is all new for us in some regards but we are planning to bring the same interesting, faith filled conversations contributing to the New Evangelisation on the digital frontiers! We still have to come up with a name for our new podcasts but watch this space!
So onto this weeks podcast!
This weeks podcast looks at the extraordinary ordinary Irish women and men who are on the road to being declared saints in the Catholic Church and we share some of their amazing stories from young envoys of the Legion of Mary to East Africa and South America to women who answered the call of the Spirit and sought to meet the needs of the poor and destitute in Ireland and East Africa preaching by their actions and witness in the world truly epitomise the declaration of the Second Vatican Council that "The joys and the hopes, the griefs and the anxieties of the [people] of this age, especially those who are poor or in any way afflicted, these are the joys and hopes, the griefs and anxieties of the followers of Christ".
Included on this weeks programme are:
- Frank Duff (founder of the Legion of Mary and one of the few lay people directly consulted at the Second Vatican Council!).
- Edel Quinn - Legion of Mary Envoy to East Africa
- Alfie Lamb - Legion of Mary Envoy to South America
- Mother Kevin (founder of the Little Sisters of St Francis)
- Little Nellie of God
- Catherine McAuley (founder of the Sisters of Mercy and who used to be on the old five pound/punt note)
- Mary Aikenhead (founder of the Religious Sisters of Charity)
- Matt Talbot